TL's Garlic Knots.
You can cook TL's Garlic Knots using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of TL's Garlic Knots
- It's 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 4 clove of garlic chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped fresh basil or 1 tsp dried basil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1 packages of active dry yeast.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of granulated sugar.
- It's 1 1/4 cup of warm water ( 105-115 degrees F).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt ( i use sea salt).
- It's 3 1/2 cup of flour.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It's 1 tbsp of milk.
TL's Garlic Knots instructions
- In small skillet heat oil and butter over low heat. Add garlic. Cook, stir occasionally until golden. About 5 min. Stir in basil and red pepper flakes. Remove from heat and cool completely..
- In med bowl dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until foamy 5-10 min..
- Stir garlic mixture and salt into yeast mixture. At low speed beat in flour a half cup at a time until soft dough forms..
- On floured surface knead dough until smooth and elastic 5-10 min. Adding more flour to prevent sticking. Place dough in large greased bowl turning to coat. Cover loosely with a damp cloth. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in size about an hour..
- Grease 2 baking sheets. punch down dough. On floured surface divide dough in half. Roll each dough half in to a long rope. Cut each rope into 9 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a 9 inch rope. Tie each rope into a loose knot..
- Place rolls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Cover again and let rise in a warm place until doubled. 1 hour..
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix together egg and milk and brush rolls. Bake until golden brown about 20 min..
- Transfer to cooling rack..