Rustic Garlic Herb Bread.
You can have Rustic Garlic Herb Bread using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rustic Garlic Herb Bread
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of instant yeast.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of granulated sugar.
- It's 1 cup of warm water.
- You need 1 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1 tsp. of dried oregano.
- You need 1 tsp. of dried basil.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of dried rosemary.
- It's 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 2 cups of - 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour.
- You need 3 tbsp. of olive oil, divided.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of unsalted butter, divided.
Rustic Garlic Herb Bread step by step
- In a large mixing bowl, add the yeast, sugar and water. Then stir in the salt, oregano, basil, rosemary and garlic. Add in the flour and parmesan cheese and stir until combined. If needed, gradually add in the additional flour until you have a smooth and elastic dough that is tacky, but not sticky. Towards the end, you may need to use your hands to incorporate the extra flour..
- Use a tbsp. of the olive oil to grease a separate bowl, then transfer the dough to the greased bowl. Cover the dough and let it rise for about 1 hour, until double in size. Once the hour is up, preheat the oven to 375°F. Drizzle the additional 2 tbsp. olive oil over a large baking tray and use a pastry brush to brush it all over. Divide the dough in half and shape each half into a round loaf. Place the loaves onto the prepared baking tray and let them rise another 15-20 minutes..
- Top each loaf with half a tbsp. of butter and bake for 17-20 minutes, or until the bottoms are golden brown (the tops won't darken all that much, but will firm up). Let the loaves cool slightly, then slice them up and serve warm. Wrap any leftovers tightly in foil and eat within 3-4 days..