You can have Garlic Bread using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Garlic Bread
- You need 4 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter.
- It's 1 tbsp of basil.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella, or pizza cheese mix.
- It's 1 loaf of Italian bread or ciabatta bread, not sliced.
Garlic Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Finely chop the garlic.
- In a pan, on medium low heat, add the butter and garlic..
- Make sure not to burn butter. Once butter is melted, add basil and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Slice the bread in half the long way, so there is a top and a bottom..
- Spread the garlic mixture over the bottom half of bread. Leave a little to spread on the top half. You can spread it with a brush or a spoon..
- Evenly spread the cheese across the bottom half, filling in air pockets in the bread for that extra surprise.;-).
- Put the bread on a baking rack, on a cookie sheet..
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until cheese is melted through. You can check by lifting the top half off, if it comes off, you need more time..
- When finished, remove bread and slice into an inch to an inch and a half slices. Makes 8 - 10 slices..