Monte Cristo Sandwich.
You can have Monte Cristo Sandwich using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Monte Cristo Sandwich
- It's 2 slices of white bread.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lowfat mayo.
- It's 1 tsp of yellow mustard.
- Prepare 2 slices of cooked ham.
- You need 2 slices of cooked turkey.
- You need 1 slice of swiss cheese.
- You need 1 slice of muenster cheese.
- Prepare 1 of egg white.
- You need 1/2 cup of lowfat/skim milk.
- It's of Honey to taste (optional).
- It's of Powdered sugar to taste (optional).
Monte Cristo Sandwich instructions
- Mix mayo and mustard together and apply to each slice of bread..
- On top of one of the slices, place ham, swiss, turkey, muenster. If you have more, it is strongly recommended to add an extra set of these. It's okay because we use egg whites later on, right?.
- Put lonely slice of bread mayo side down on top of your creation to form the sandwich. Compress the sandwich lightly, but not so much to flatten the bread itself..
- Mix egg white and milk together. Dip sandwich in mixture, making sure to cover both bread slices. It's okay if egg gets everywhere because itll cook out..
- Heat a griddle over medium heat. Using a generous amount of butter to grease it is recommended, but grease it as you will. Toast both sides of the sandwich, about 3-4 minutes each side. Feast!.
- Feel free to also brush the top of the finished sandwich with warmed up honey and dust the top with powdered sugar. Warming up the honey helps it be more spreadable. Using the microwave for that is okay, just needs 10-20 seconds..