MONTE CRISTO STUFFED CHICKEN CUTLETS (RACHAEL RAY). Cut a pocket horizontally in each chicken breast. Season lightly inside and out with salt and pepper. Monte Cristo-Stuffed Chicken CutletsRachael Ray Show.
Rachael Ray Magazine this link opens in a new tab. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Dip stuffed cutlets in egg white mixture and dredge in bread crumbs. You can have MONTE CRISTO STUFFED CHICKEN CUTLETS (RACHAEL RAY) using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of MONTE CRISTO STUFFED CHICKEN CUTLETS (RACHAEL RAY)
- It's 4 of Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts.
- It's 1 of Salt & Pepper.
- You need 4 tbsp of Dijon Mustard, Divided.
- You need 2 tbsp of Fresh Thyme, Chopped.
- You need 4 slice of Swiss Cheese.
- Prepare 4 slice of Mild Ham.
- It's 3 of Eggs, Beaten.
- You need 1 of Juice 1/2 Lemon.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Canola Oil.
- You need 3 tbsp of Butter, Divided.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of ~ 2 C. Chicken Stock.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Maple Syrup or Honey.
Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain; serve hot, with additional sauerkraut on the side. This is my family recipe for Chicken Katsu - Japanese style fried chicken. Can also be used to make Tonkatsu, just use pork cutlets instead of chicken. Serve with white rice and tonkatsu sauce.
MONTE CRISTO STUFFED CHICKEN CUTLETS (RACHAEL RAY) instructions
- Half chicken breasts through to make 8 cutlets; pound very thin, about 1/4". Season on both sides with salt & pepper. Spread thin layer of mustard on 1 side, sprinkle with thyme. Arrange 1 slice cheese & 1 ham on 4 cutlets, leaving a little chicken exposed all around. Place remaining cutlet, mustard side down, over top, press down at edges to form 4 cutlets. Dredge in flour..
- Beat eggs & lemon juice together ..
- Heat skillet with oil over med heat. Melt 1 Tbsp. butter into oil..
- Turn 2 stuffed cutlets in egg batter and add to pan. Cook about 8 min., turning occasionally or until cooked through& golden. Transfer to platter & cover loosely with foil. Melt another Tbsp. butter in pan & cook remaining 2 cutlets..
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com. For breaded chicken cutlets that are not only perfectly cooked but also easier to make, ditch the classic breading technique and think about crumb size. Official website of Rachael Ray and home to the most comprehensive database of Rachael Ray recipes. Discover daily inspiration and easy, affordable recipes.