Monte Cristo Sandwich.
You can cook Monte Cristo Sandwich using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Monte Cristo Sandwich
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt & pepper.
- Prepare 4 slice of sturdy white bread or preference.
- It's 2 tbsp of mustard.
- You need 2 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- It's 1/2 lb of thick sliced baked ham.
- It's 1/2 oz of weight shredded gruyere cheese.
- Prepare 1 of additional salt & pepper for taste.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 of garnish/toppings: powdered sugar, honey, Raspberry preserves.
Monte Cristo Sandwich step by step
- Beat the eggs in a shallow dish ( Large enough to fit a sandwich) along with a few pinches of salt and pepper. Set aside..
- Assemble sandwiches, with mustard, mayonnaise, ham, cheese, salt and pepper to personal preference. Slightly compress sandwich..
- Over medium heat butter in skillet..
- Dip and coat sandwich in beaten egg, and place in skillet. Cook sandwiches 2-3 minutes on each side, until browned to liking and cheese has melted..