You can have Monte Cristo! using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Monte Cristo!
- Prepare 1 cup of plain flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- You need 2 tbsp of baking powder.
- It's 1 dash of salt.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- You need 4 slice of your favorite thick, white bread.
- Prepare 4 slice of ham.
- It's 4 slice of turkey.
- Prepare 8 slice of swiss cheese.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 liter of vegetable or groundnut oil.
Monte Cristo! instructions
- As oil heats in a pan, make batter by whisking together flour, egg, baking powder, salt and water until smooth. Place in refrigerator.
- Lay out bread placing one slice of cheese on each slice.
- On two of the slices place two slice of ham, on the other two place two slice turkey.
- Top each meat with one slice of cheese then bring bread together to make two ham/turkey sandwiches..
- Cut sandwiches into quarters and use a toothpick to hold sandwich quarters together. Dip each quarter into the batter, ensuring you cover the full sandwich..
- Fry in oil for approx 15 min or until golden brown.
- Once cooked, dust with powdered sugar and serve.