Monte Cristo Sandwich.
You can cook Monte Cristo Sandwich using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Monte Cristo Sandwich
- It's 3 slices of bread.
- You need 3 slices of cheese.
- You need 4 slices of chicken ham or turkey ham.
- It's 1 of egg.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of mayonnaise.
- It's 2 tablespoon of milk.
- You need 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter.
- You need of Icing sugar as you like (optional).
- It's of Strawberry jam as you like (optional).
Monte Cristo Sandwich instructions
- Spread some mayonnaise all over the bread,save for later a little bit..
- Put the cheese slices on the bread..
- Put 2 pieces of ham on the first and another 2 pieces on the third piece of bread..
- Flip the second piece of bread with the cheese on the first bread with ham on top.Next,spread some mayonnaise on the top of the bread..
- Now flip the last piece of bread,ham facing down and press a little bit to make them stick together..
- Heat the pan with butter,melt and coat it evenly.Then prepare the egg wash.Combine one egg with 2 tablespoons of milk.Mix them together and coat your sandwich evenly..
- Fry your sandwich until golden brown both sides..
- Don't forget to fry the crust side as well :).
- Slice the sandwich diagonally or half as you wish and stack them on top each other.When it still warm,press it gently to make those cheese oozing out.You can serve it right away..
- If you want to try the full version of Monte Cristo Sandwich.Just sprinkle some icing sugar on top and serve it with strawberry jelly or jam.Enjoy your dish!!! See you next recipe..