Monte cristo sandwich. Spread bread with mayonnaise and mustard. Alternate ham, Swiss and turkey slices on bread. Monte Cristo sandwich Recipe : I love sandwiches.
Bread: White bread will seal the best, but you can always swap it out for sourdough, rye or even a dinner rolls in a pinch! Yummy Swiss Cheese, Turkey, And Ham On White Bread, Fried & Topped With Powdered Sugar—Making It An Irresistible Sweet And Salty Dish. A perfect Monte Cristo sandwich has a few classic markers: soft white bread, thinly sliced deli ham, creamy Gruyère cheese, and a custardy egg dip before being cooked. You can cook Monte cristo sandwich using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Monte cristo sandwich
- You need 1 loaf of french bread.
- Prepare 1 lbs of smoked ham deli sliced thin.
- Prepare 16 oz of package of sliced swiss cheese.
- Prepare 1 box of pancake batter (add water only kind).
- Prepare of Powdered sugar.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil for frying.
- You need of Toothpicks.
This is the ultimate make at home Monte Cristo Sandwich - with turkey, ham and cheese in a sandwich that is cooked. This Monte Cristo sandwich is a classic French toast-style sandwich. Now you don't have to wait for a trip to a local diner to get your craving fulfilled. Recipe courtesy of Mama's on Washington Square.
Monte cristo sandwich step by step
- Slice the french bread in half length wise and layer ham and cheese. Cut the assembled sandwich into 2 in slices.
- Mix pancake batter according to the directions (it should be thin).
- Place the toothpicks into each slice to hold it together while cooking..
- Dip the sandwich slices into the pancake batter and cook until golden brown..
- Place on paper towels to dry and remove tooth picks. Then lightly dust with powdered sugar..
Because a Monte Cristo uses french toast instead of regular bread, the sandwich is often oily and Despite its elegant name, the Monte Cristo Sandwich wasn't invented on some fancy yacht in the. Have you ever wanted to make this popular Monte Cristo Sandwich by yourself? Monte Cristo Sandwich: Take the square homemade bread. The Monte Cristo sandwich, sometimes spelled Monte Christo, is an unusual sandwich combining the principals of French toast and the basic ham and Swiss sandwich. This Monte Cristo sandwich is part grilled cheese, part French toast, and every single bit amazing.