Piri Piri chicken/cheese Monte Cristo. Any other recipe that requires frying, braising or oven roasting is a fake. Unlike other recipes, my grandmother's Portuguese Piri Piri Chicken does not require overnight marinades. Add half the piri-piri sauce, spreading it evenly over the chicken.
Aaron Crowder of Cervo's in Manhattan's Lower East Side makes piri piri chicken, a slightly spicy, classic Portuguese dish, in the MUNCHIES Test Kitchen. For the best barbecue chicken recipe, you can't go wrong with our recipe for Cape Town's piri piri chicken— bright, bold and saucy. Make the piri piri chicken: In a food processor, combine the chiles, garlic, vinegar and salt. You can cook Piri Piri chicken/cheese Monte Cristo using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Piri Piri chicken/cheese Monte Cristo
- Prepare of Leftover rotisserie chicken (amount to your desire).
- You need of Any Piri Piri sauce (amount to your desire).
- You need 3 pieces of bread.
- Prepare 1.5 Tablespoon of butter.
- Prepare 1 of Large egg.
- It's 2 slices of American cheese.
In a large bowl, toss the chicken with ⅔ cup of the piri piri mixture to coat. To make the marinade, tip the dried chillies and the vinegar into a pan and bring to the boil. Piri Piri Chicken is a spicy staple of the Portuguese grill. This recipe is adapted for the oven, using boneless, skinless thighs, but you could Fried or roasted potatoes are the classic accompaniment for Piri Piri Chicken.
Piri Piri chicken/cheese Monte Cristo instructions
- In a bowl, mix the rotisserie chicken with Piri Piri sauce. Set aside..
- Beat egg in a separate bowl. Set aside..
- Place the bread, cheese, rotisserie chicken mix, bread, rotisserie chicken mix, cheese and lastly bread. Then dip every sides into egg..
- Put butter in the frying pan on high level and then reduce to medium/high..
- Put the assembled sandwich into the frying pan and fry each sides..
Par-cook the potatoes — steam or microwave them — until they are tender but not. Piri-piri chicken is, like a lot of Portuguese cuisine, a one of Portugal's best dishes. Every restaurant and Portuguese mother has their own secret ingredient that makes their frango piri-piri the best, but overall it is a fairly simple dish. Drizzle the pan drippings over the chicken and top with some of the piri piri sauce. Preparing the nation's favourite dish at home begins with tracking down that all-important chilli.