BP's Monte Cristo.
You can cook BP's Monte Cristo using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of BP's Monte Cristo
- You need of sandwiches.
- Prepare 9 slice of wheat bread.
- Prepare 6 slice of smoked turkey.
- It's 6 slice of honey ham.
- Prepare 6 slice of Swiss cheese.
- You need 6 slice of american cheese.
- Prepare 1 of toothpicks.
- Prepare 1 of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 of powdered sugar (optional).
- You need 1 of raspberry jam.
- It's of batter.
- Prepare 3 cup of flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sugar.
- It's 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of baking powder.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of water.
- It's 2 of eggs.
BP's Monte Cristo instructions
- In a deep fryer heat enough oil to deep fry.
- Take bread and arrange three slices per sandwich....with your bottom slice of bread layer two slices of ham two slices of swiss top with slice of bread two slices of turkey two slices of American cheese and top with slice of bread....repeat to make other two sandwiches.
- Slightly mash sandwiches down and stick toothpicks in each corner to prevent falling apart in deep fryer.
- In a large bowl mix together ingredients for the batter making sure all lumps are out and batter has smooth consistency.
- Submerge sandwiches in batter coating all sides and deep fry till golden brown.
- Sit on paper towel and allow to cool slightly.
- Cut into triangle pieces sprinkle with powdered sugar (optional) and eat with jam.....