Easy Creamy Croque Monsieur-style Toast.
You can have Easy Creamy Croque Monsieur-style Toast using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Creamy Croque Monsieur-style Toast
- It's 1 slice of Bread of your choice.
- It's 1 slice of Ham.
- Prepare 1 of enough to top the slice of bread Melting type cheese.
- You need of For the béchamel sauce:.
- You need 1 of pat Butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Flour.
- Prepare 100 ml of Milk.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 dash of Nutmeg (optional, if you have it).
Easy Creamy Croque Monsieur-style Toast step by step
- Make the bechamel sauce in the microwave. Put the butter and flour in a heatproof container, and microwave without covering for 1 minute..
- Mix the melted butter and flour together while you add 1/2 of the milk gradually. When it's smooth, microwave for 1 minute..
- Add the rest of the milk gradually while mixing. When it's smooth again, microwave for another minute..
- Season with salt and pepper, and add a little nutmeg if you have it. The bechamel sauce is done..
- Put the ham, 1-2 tablespoons of sauce, and cheese on the bread in that order, and toast in a toaster oven..
- When the cheese has melted and browned nicely it's done..
- I used an English muffin here..
- Great as a hot panini sandwich too..