Croque Monsieur (Hot ham sandwich). Bonjour, what a great sandwich to have for lunch. I show you how to make a béchamel and flavor it with gruyere to top off this Croque Monsieur sandwich. Class French Croque Monsieur recipe, toasted ham and Swiss cheese sandwich, topped with a bechamel sauce of butter, flour, milk, nutmeg, Parmesan and Gruyere.
Croque Monsieur, a French ham and cheese sandwich that is slathered with delicious bechamel sauce for a satisfying meal! Today, I'm going to teach you how to make a perfect Croque Monsieur, a classic French bistro sandwich made with smoked ham and nutty Gruyere cheese. This croque monsieur is a traditional hot sandwich made with thinkly-sliced ham ham and soft, melty cheese. You can have Croque Monsieur (Hot ham sandwich) using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Croque Monsieur (Hot ham sandwich)
- It's 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 cup of hot milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
- You need 1 pinch of nutmeg.
- It's 12 oz of Gruyere, grated (5 cups).
- You need 1/2 cup of freshly grated Parmesan.
- It's 1 of Dijon mustard.
- You need 8 oz of baked Virginia ham, sliced but not paper thin.
- Prepare 16 slice of of fresh french bread.
Literally meaning "mister crunch" in French this sandwich makes a satisfying crunch as you bite down on the toasted bread. (If you can not find Gruyere cheese, you need a cheese that melts. Good croque-monsieurs have a few things in common: a single layer of French ham and Gruyere pressed between two thin slices of bread. Transfer skillet to oven, and bake until heated through and cheese is bubbling. This classic French hot sandwich consists of a thin slice of ham and melted cheese tucked between two pieces of sliced bread.
Croque Monsieur (Hot ham sandwich) instructions
- Preheat the oven to 400°F..
- Melt the butter over low heat in a small saucepan and add the flour all at once, stirring with a wooden spoon for 2 minutes..
- Slowly pour the hot milk into the butter–flour mixture and cook, whisking constantly, until the sauce is thickened..
- Off the heat add the salt, pepper, nutmeg, 1/2 cup grated Gruyere, and the Parmesan and set aside..
- To toast the bread, place the slices on 2 baking sheets and bake for 5 minutes. Turn each slice and bake for another 2 minutes, until toasted..
- Lightly brush half the toasted breads with mustard, add a slice of ham to each, and sprinkle with half the remaining Gruyere..
- Top with another piece of toasted bread..
- Slather the tops with the cheese sauce, sprinkle with the remaining Gruyere, and bake the sandwiches for 5 minutes..
- Turn on the broiler and broil for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the topping is bubbly and lightly browned..
- Serve hot!.
Löydä HD-arkistokuvia ja miljoonia muita rojaltivapaita arkistovalokuvia, -kuvituskuvia ja -vektoreita Shutterstockin kokoelmasta hakusanalla Croquemonsieur Hot French Sandwich Made Sandwich. Tuhansia uusia ja laadukkaita kuvia joka päivä. This French ham-and-cheese sandwich featured on The Best Thing I Ever Ate can be found on the menu at New York's Bar Boulud. Their croque monsieur is constructed with house made bread, gruyere cheese, bechamel sauce and heritage ham. It's pressed over-night, then served with hot.