Croque Monsieur Cake.
You can cook Croque Monsieur Cake using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Croque Monsieur Cake
- You need 1 of mozzarella (basil infused).
- Prepare Handful of cherry tomatoes.
- It's of Breadcrumbs for top.
- You need of Olive oil to sprinkle.
- You need 6 slices of white toast bread.
- Prepare of Bèchamel.
- You need 50 g of butter.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare Half of cup all purpose flour.
- It's of Juice of half lemon.
- It's 100 ml of heavy cream.
- It's of For top.
- You need of Fresh basil.
Croque Monsieur Cake instructions
- Make a thick beautiful bèchamel, be careful not to burn it, so stir often. You do like this: melt the butter in a pan and add a little milk and the flour. Then when it's all nicely incorporated, add the heavy cream, salt, lemon juice and rest of the milk. Stir it and watch it carefully until it thickens. Then take off from heat.
- Assemble your bread slices in a cake mold, layer by layer, first bread then bèchamel, then bread and finish with bèchamel..
- Make a well in the middle and put the mozzarella in it. Top should be a bit visible. Cut the tomatoes in slices and arrange on top..
- Add fresh basil on top, then breadcrumbs, drizzle with olive oil.
- Up in the oven, i used gas, level 6,till breadcrumbs golden..