Black French Baguette..
You can have Black French Baguette. using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Black French Baguette.
- Prepare 245 grams of Bread (strong) flour, (domestically grown wheat).
- Prepare 4 grams of Salt.
- It's 3 grams of Dry yeast.
- It's 5 grams of Honey.
- It's 160 ml of Water.
- Prepare 5 grams of Unsweetened cocoa powder (See Hint 1).
- You need 30 of to 40 grams Chocolate chips (See Hint 2).
Black French Baguette. instructions
- Put all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, and knead. When it comes together form a ball and put in a bowl. Leave to rise (1st rising)..
- When it had increased by 2 to 2 1/2 times its original size, take out of the bowl and divide into two pieces. What? This dough has a lump on its head!.
- Round off the dough and leave to rest for 20 to 30 minutes. You can bake it as one big loaf instead of dividing it, too..
- With the seam side down, stretch out into a long rectancle and scatter with chocolate chips (top photo). Fold in both sides (bottom photo) and fold in half again..
- Roll and stretch out the dough..
- Sandwich the dough in a pleated piece of canvas that has been dusted with flour, and leave to rise again (2nd rising). Let rise until it's 1.5 times the original size..
- Slash each loaf 3 times. (I dusted the surface with lots of flour so the slashes are easier to see.).
- Mist with plenty of water, and bake in a preheated 250°C oven for 7 minutes. Lower the heat to 200°C and bake for another 7 minutes..
- As the bread forms and edge, you can see the chocolate chips peeking out..
- I formed the dough into thin baguettes, and made an extra effort and slashed them five times..
- I also have a black French baguette that is made with homemade starter. See.