Crusty French Baguette Recipe.
You can cook Crusty French Baguette Recipe using 8 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crusty French Baguette Recipe
- It's 2 of yeast envelopes dry active (1 1/2 tbl).
- It's 3 of honey tbl.
- You need of water warm.
- It's 3 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tsps of salt.
- It's of olive oil greasing for bowl.
- You need of semolina flour cornmeal baguette or for dusting.
- You need 2 cups of ice cubes.
Crusty French Baguette Recipe step by step
- Microwave 1/2 cup water for 30 seconds. Mix honey and yeast Into warm water. Let stand for at least 5 minutes until yeast is activated and starts to foam.
- Mix the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl with a dough hook. Add the yeast mixture..
- Gradually add 1 cup warm water until dough comes together in a ball that isn't too wet..
- Kneed for 2-6 mins until smooth and elastic..
- Shape the dough into a ball and place in a lightly greased bowl in a warm place until doubled in size (aprox 30 mins).
- Punch dough down and divide it in half..
- Shape the halves into 2 baguettes by making each a flat rectagle and folding in half, and in half again. Stretch into a baguette shape..
- Dust with Semolina flour or cornmeal. Place the baguettes on a baking sheet lined with a baking mat..
- Deeply slit the tops..
- Let rise again for about 30 mins until doubled in size. Cover with a clean towel..
- Position oven racks with one on the bottom with an oven safe (non-glass) pan on it, and the other oven rack in the middle.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Remove the towel from the dough after it has risen for the second time, and place on the middle oven rack..
- In the bottom oven rack, put the ice cubes in the pan and quickly shut the oven door. (this creates the crispy crust).
- Bake until golden, about 15 - 20 mins..