You can have Stuffed Baguette using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Baguette
- You need 1 of baguette.
- It's 4 of Italian sausages.
- Prepare 2 cup of red wine.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It's 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- It's 1/3 cup of honey.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of spinach.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of dijon mustard.
- It's 3/4 cup of shredded gruyere.
Stuffed Baguette instructions
- Bring wine, bay leaf, brown sugar, and honey to a simmer. Add sausages and poach at 170° for approximately 20 minutes or sausages are cooked through..
- Slit a baguette lengthwise. Be careful not to penetrate too deeply, only about halfway. Leave a half inch on the top and bottom of the baguette..
- Use your fingers to clear a pocket in the baguette. Spread the mustard across the bottom, and pack in the spinach tightly..
- Place sausages on top of spinach. Top with cheese..
- Place under the broiler for one minute or just long enough to melt the cheese and slightly toast the bread..
- Variations; caramelized onions, roasted bell peppers, honey mustard or stone ground, arugala, watercress, beer.