Pretzel dough garlic knots. The easiest Garlic Knots recipe that the whole family will love. Homemade garlic knots go great with pizza, a salad, a bowl of soup, or just eaten Tying the dough into knots is fun and don't worry if your knots aren't perfect. They are meant to have character.
I can be so predictable sometimes. Garlic knots are a pizzeria favorite, and in New Jersey, their presence was a sign that the pizza joint you just walked into was legit. Making knots is a thrifty way to use scraps of dough and the leftover garlic-butter-parsley sauce most pizzerias would use for their white pizzas or garlic bread. You can cook Pretzel dough garlic knots using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pretzel dough garlic knots
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of luke warm water.
- It's 1 1/4 tbsp of active yeast.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of light brown sugat.
- It's 1 tbsp of sea salt.
- It's 4 cup of bread flour.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of water seperate bowl.
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp of baking soda.
- It's 1 cup of melted or stick butter.
So how does this come together? These soft, garlicky knots taste just like your favorite pizzeria's garlic knots! How To Make Easy Garlic Knots. Tips for Perfect Garlic Knots: You can double or triple the recipe for a crowd Thanks for another great version of the yogurt dough!
Pretzel dough garlic knots instructions
- preheat oven to 350°.
- In large bowl add warm water, sprinkle yeast ontop and wisk till bubbly (only a few secs) then add brown sugar, salt, and garlic (I grate or press mine) mix till dissolved..
- Add flour 1cup at a time fold in then kneed till not sticky. Add more flour if needed.
- Gather ball of dough and place in seperate bowl on side and let rise (At least 30 mins, I let mine sit up to 2 hrs) depends on how strong of flavor wanted..
- On side get a bowl to add seperate water and mix in baking soda.
- Get pan ready with parchmemt paper or use pizza stone if u have one, no paper needed for stone.
- When dough has risen push down once if dessired but not needed. Let sit for a few mins to rest. Then take a 2in ball off and roll to strip about 3in long and tie into simple knot..May need sum flour for dusting. Take finished knot and dip into water and baking soda mix. Line pan with knots about 1in apart sprinkle salt on top if dessired..
- Bake for 10 mins turnin pan after 5mins and finish baking until golden brown..
- Once baked and still warm rub butter on top and serve :).
Gina, have you tried to make pretzels with this dough? The best recipe for amazing keto garlic knots! They're so good you won't believe they're low carb and gluten free. Click to view the recipe I adopted pretzel-like shapes, which turned out great. I don't recommend trying to tie an actual knot; the dough will probably break apart before you can do that.